- Published: Thursday, 28 April 2016 10:56
For this board term, there was only one eligible candidate for the open board seat. Per the AVA Board Election Policy, if there is only one eligible candidate, that person will win the seat, and there will be no election. We would like to congratulate Tom Ruekert, who will be serving on the Board for another 3 year term. We commend Mr. Ruekert’s dedication to the AVA community, and we are thankful for his willingness to serve.
Additionally, the terms for Seat No. 5 and Seat No. 7, currently held by Julie Casten and Stephanie Rogers, expire on May 1, 2016. Seat No. 5 and Seat No. 7 are appointed seats that are appointed by the other members of the AVA BoD. Ms. Casten and Ms. Rogers have expressed their interest to serve a second term. A final decision regarding their re-appointment to the AVA BoD will be made during the May Board meeting.
AVA’s Election Committee
- Published: Sunday, 20 March 2016 22:51
The event will take place on Thursday, March 31st from 4-8 pm and the cost is $5 per family.
- Published: Monday, 07 March 2016 10:57
The School Accountability Committee (SAC) invites you to help AVA continue to grow by completing a Parent Satisfaction Survey.
When you complete a Parent Satisfaction survey, you will earn 1 hour of volunteer time! The grade level with the most participation, will earn a FREE DRESS OF CHOICE DAY!
- Published: Thursday, 25 February 2016 17:06
Join us TONIGHT for an Aspen View Academy Spirit Night at Burger King from 4:00-8:00 PM! Print and present THIS FLYER and 20% of your purchase will be donated to our school. The classroom with the most redemptions will win a milkshake party! You can visit the drive-thru or dine in at either Castle Rock location (4408 Barranca Lane near Founders Pkwy and Woodlands Blvd OR 880 Kinner Street off I-25 and Wolfensberger).
- Published: Thursday, 04 February 2016 09:22
A five-session parenting program designed by the Love and Logic Institute.
*** Meets at Aspen View Academy Wednesdays, 6:30-8pm, February 24 - March 23! ***
Join other parents at Aspen View Academy and learn how to:
• Build a connected relationship with your child
• Avoid un-winnable power-struggles and arguments
• Stay calm when your kids do incredibly upsetting things
• Set enforceable limits
• Avoid enabling and begin empowering
• Help your kids learn from mistakes rather than repeating them
• Raise kids who are family members rather than dictators
…and much more!
- Published: Thursday, 17 December 2015 11:18
Aspen View Academy’s mission and vision describe the benefits of a well-rounded education that is completed by enriching activities that extend beyond the classroom.
For the holistic growth of AVA students, varied activities that foster technology, leadership, arts, sports, nature, or character development are valued.
The most successful activities are thoughtfully planned in advance, clearly communicated, and purposefully designed for AVA’s students. The process below exists to protect the outcomes that are most important for students and families as well as the school’s overall strategic focus.
Outcomes for Students and Families
- Strategic offerings
- Clear communication
- Thoughtfully planned
- Equitable and varied
- Aligned to AVA’s mission and vision
- Each December and June AVA’s Administration team will review new proposals.
- Two avenues exist for providing AVA students with opportunities that will produce the above outcomes:
- Propose an Activity (like an after-school club)
- Request a Partnership (for a community service need, a donation campaign, etc.)
- All forms must be received by AVA’s Front Office by
- The last day of May or
- The last day of November
- The most current version of a form must be used, found using the links below
- Any form that is not completed fully and with exact information will not be considered.
- Approval is granted for one school year at a time. Therefore, a new activity or request form must be completed each school year.
- Once AVA’s Administration team communicates a decision, that decision is final. Requesting parties are not to expect further discussion or explanation, either in writing or in a meeting with administrators.
- If there is dissatisfaction with the decision made by AVA’s administration, the requesting party will follow AVA’s Communication Pathways.
More Articles ...
- 2016-17 School Calendar
- 8th Grade Parents Night Out
- Blizzard Book Fair Sale!
- Delayed Start and Snow Days
- Donuts With Dad
- Transportation Communication
- Board of Directors Update
- Schedule Change: Board Working Session/Meeting
- Future Transportation Meeting: Oct. 8th
- Boots and Bling Aspen View Academy Gala
- Cognitive Abilities Test (CogAT)
- Newsletter: August 27, 2015
- Bus Route 266 ***CHANGES***
- First Day and Formal Uniforms
- Express Check-In (2015-16)