- Published: Friday, 28 August 2015 04:56
All schools in Colorado have a system to identify, plan, and serve gifted students.
Grade 3: Sep 9-11, 2015
The CogAT is administered to all students in grade 3 and provides one component in a body of evidence to determine possible identification for gifted programming. Click here for more information.
Cognitive Abilities Test (CogAT)
Students in grades 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 can be referred by teachers or parents for CogAT testing.
Parents may consider referring their child for CogAT testing:
- if the child is currently demonstrating mastery of above grade level work and/or
- if you (parent) believe your child is potentially gifted.
- if you are planning on applying for the Douglas County Discovery Program for the 2016-17 school year.
Click here for more information.
- If you would like to refer your child (grades 1, 2, 4, 5, 6) for CogAT testing, please email:
- Published: Friday, 28 August 2015 04:51
The AVA Newsletter has now been posted and is now available for viewing.
- The LAST DAY to "opt out" of the school directory is September 4th at noon. Please read the newsletter for more information.
- Picture day is tomorrow, August 28th. Uniforms are not required. Students may wear their "Picture Day Best."
- Formal uniform is scheduled for Wednesday, September 2nd.
- There will be no school on Monday, September 7th in observance of Labor Day.
- Published: Friday, 28 August 2015 04:34
To: The Parents and Students of Bus Route 266 —Aspen View Academy
Re: Time Changes to Route
From: Melissa Western, Castle Rock Area Scheduler
Date: August 27th, 2015
Effective Tuesday, September 1, 2015, stop times are changed. Please see below for these changes. The changes made are to ensure that students arrive to school on time in the mornings. For the afternoon times, the changes are necessary as the stop located at Renaissance School and Trail Boss Ln @ the Pavilion has been moved to be the last stop. Transportation has received several complaints with tramc and congestion at this location conflicting with the bell time of Renaissance School. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter.
|ASPEN VIEW ACADEMY - Route 266|
|CRYSTAL VALLEY PKWY @ RHYOLITE PARK||6:55 AM||4:23 PM|
PLUM CREEK BLVD & PLAYERS CLUB DR
|7:01 AM||4:28 PM|
|LANTERN CIR & MATNEY PARK ENTRANCE||7:13 AM||4:13 PM|
|ENDERUD BLVD & ENDERUD PARK||7:18 AM||4:09 PM|
|AUTUMN SAGE ST & PAINT PONY CIR @ PARK||7:25 AM||4:03 PM|
|GEMSTONE PARK IN SAPPHIRE POINTE||7:34 AM||3:53 PM|
|RENAISSANCE SCHOOL & TRAIL BOSS LN***AT PAVILLION||7:40 AM||4:40 PM|
- Published: Monday, 24 August 2015 17:34
- Published: Tuesday, 18 August 2015 03:29
The first day of school is August 19th and is labeled a Formal Uniform Day on the events calendar. We are making this a formal uniform "Trial" day. Please have your children wear the formal uniform if you have it; however, some families have not received everything they need. We want to make the first day of school as comfortable and stress free as possible, so if your student is ready to go with the formal uniform, please have them wear it; if you are awaiting the arrival of all the formal uniform pieces, please wear a normal uniform.
The first "official" Formal Uniform Day will be September 2nd.
- Published: Wednesday, 15 July 2015 13:07
The Express Check-In parent application link is now available.
REMEMBER: Each student must be checked in before school starts August 19th.
Important Phone Numbers
- For student and household related questions/issues - Student Data and Information Services summer hotline at 303-387-0016. This hotline is in operation till 07/24/2015.
- For issues/questions regarding student fees – Please contact the AVA office after August 3rd for any changes that need to be made.
- For technical issues with Express Check-In parent application or manger application - IT Support Center at 303-387-0001.
- The link from 2014-2015 may not work
- Check-In is only completed for a student when the parent completes the Health form
- Changes to existing students in Infinite Campus are replicated every 15 minutes into Express Check-In
- New students/household information in Infinite Campus is replicated in 1 hour
- Parent Portal password changes are effective immediately
- Updates made in Check-In are available immediately in Infinite Campus other than the information that needs to be verified and updated by a registrar or a school nurse.
- Schedules and teacher assignments will be available August 15th. Teachers will be calling parents August 11th and 12th to set up Meet and Greets.