- February 19th: No School~ Presidents’ Day
- February 23rd: Dress of Choice Day
- If the wind chill “feels like” 20 degrees or below, we will not have outdoor recess. Otherwise, we will go outside, so please send your children with appropriate winter gear. Also, please write your children’s names on their clothing articles so we can keep track of everyone’s belongings! Thank you!
- Please remember to have your child wear appropriate shoes for P.E. or come with a change of P.E. shoes in your child’s backpack so they are able to participate.
- Folders: Please be sure to have your child bring back their Thursday and Homework Folders every Friday.
DLR (Daily Language Review) Packet: Week 23
Chapter 8: Adjectives modifying the object of a preposition
Unit 4 Week 4: What insects do you know about?
- COMPREHENSION STRATEGY/SKILL: Visualize and Point of View
- PHONICS: long i: i, y, igh, ie
- HIGH FREQUENCY WORDS: caught, flew, know, laugh, listen, were
- ORAL VOCABULARY: different, flutter, imitate, protect, resemble
- SPELLING: find, night, by, kind, right, pie, animal, pizza, caught, listen
- BONUS: Aztec, high, why, light, tried
- Visit my links and documents page for practice games on Spelling City!
FRIDAY ASSESSMENT: Spelling Test
Chapter 12: Numbers to 40
Big Idea: Count, compare, and order numbers from 1-40
- count on, read and write in numbers and words from 21-40
- use place value chart to show numbers up to 40
- show objects up to 40 as tens and ones (feel free to practice this concept at home too!) “A group of/row of/strip of 10 is 10 1’s” this belongs in the tens place and 1’s are loose and belong in the ones place
- compare numbers to 40
- find missing numbers in a pattern
*** If you are able, please practice math facts (addition and subtraction) with your children. Strategies we remind students to use are: counting on and back, and using other math problems (such as doubles) to help them figure out the answer.
History-Maya, Inca, Aztec
- Maya in Mexico and Central America
- Aztecs in Mexico Moctezuma, Tenochtitlan (the capital of the Aztec empire and what is now Mexico City)
- Inca in South America (Peru, Chile), Cities in the Andes, Machu Picchu
*Test by end of week
Sayings and Phrases
“Practice makes perfect.” ~ I also teach a modified saying of “Practice makes progress.” I explain to students that you can always grow and improve and make progress, so this is often the phrase I use!
More Articles ...
- February 12th-16th
- February 5th-9th
- January 29th-February 2nd
- January 22nd-26th
- January 16th-19th
- January 8th-12th
- December 18th-21st
- December 11th-15th
- December 4th-8th
- November 27th-December 1st
- November 6th-10th
- October 30th-November 3rd
- October 23rd-27th
- October 16th-20th
- October 11th-13th
- October 2nd-6th
- September 25th-29th
- September 18th-22nd
- Sept. 11th-15th
- Sept 5th-8th
- August 28th-September 1st
- August 21st-25th
- Week of August 14th-18th
- Week of August 14th-18th
- Week of May 22nd 2017