- Nov. 16/17th--Parent Teacher Conferences
- Nov. 16th-26th--Thanksgiving Break
Homework (due Friday):
- Sight word practice....We will add 3 new sight words each week.
- HIGHLY ENCOURAGED-i-ready (at least 20 min. of math and reading each week) https://login.i-ready.com and your child's login card.
Sight Words: New weekly words are in bold.
- I, a, red, blue , yellow, green, the, orange, purple, we, black, brown, see, white, like, did, it, and, in, go, you, my, are, he, she
Character Trait: Empathy
Core Knowledge Language Arts:
- Saying: "Dog is man's best friend."
- Poems/Nursery Rhyme: Hot Cross Buns
- Story: The Velveteen Rabbit
Wonders Literacy: What do people use in their jobs?
- Skills: ask and answer questions; key details
- Oral Vocabulary: equipment, uniform, untensils, expect, remained
- Phonics: phoneme blending; listening for short vowels in words, /o/
- Writing: writing sentences using sight words; 'stretching words' to write beginning/ending sounds
Singapore Math In Focus: Numbers 0-20
- ID teen numbers
- compare & order
- introduce tens and ones in relation to teen numbers
- introduce pennies & dimes to show teen numbers
Core Knowledge Science/History: Early Exploration and Settlement
- The Mayflower
- Plymouth Rock
- Thanksgiving Day celebration