Walking and Biking
Click for larger Walk and Bike Map
A must read for all families with students not riding the bus.
The drop-off and pick-up process can sometimes be a challenge, especially in a school like AVA with over 600 students. We ask that each family read and discuss this plan so that we have the best chance of success, which will make the entire process go much better for all.
- Safety is the most important part of carpool
- Drive slow at all times while on school property (5 MPH)
- Follow directions
- Carpool with other families when possible
- Work together for the benefit of all
- NO electronic device use while in your car for pick-up or drop-off, Cell phones, IPod, etc.
- Be Patient, it will get better after day one
- Enter on Fiddle Road
- Proceed slowly to the curb closest to school
- Watch for students at all times
- Follow directions from carpool team
- Pull forward as far as possible along the curb toward the school
- After entering the Unloading Zone, continue to pull forward as far as possible
- Stop, and unload all students to the right, or passenger side of the vehicle, absolutely no unloading on the left or driver’s side.
- Gradually pull away from the curb once all students are safely on the sidewalk.
- Exit at the south driveway, stopping at the stop sign. Turn right on Low Meadow Blvd.
Pick-up tends to be a bit longer than Drop-off. Students can help this process along by doing the following things:
- Know their carpool number
- Wait quietly in class for their number and be ready to go
- Know who is picking them up each day
- Never go with a stranger, even if they have the “right” number
- Be on the sidewalk ready to load when their vehicle stops
- No horseplay, tag games, etc. during carpool
Procedure for carpool pick-up
- Enter at Fiddle Road
- Drive slow, or stop, allowing the carpool team to enter you family number(s)
- Proceed along the curb toward the school if space is available
- Park temporarily in the queuing area if directed by the carpool team
- Proceed toward the school as directed when space is available
- Pull forward slowly into the loading zone when space becomes available. Pull as far forward as possible so we can load many cars at one time.
- If waiting for students, continue to pull forward when others in front of you leave.
- When your vehicle has all students, gradually pull away from the curb toward the exit.
- Stop at the stop sign, then turn right on Low Meadow Blvd.
Click for Larger Carpool Map
To find the bus route information, please click here. Then select the school's name, then click the Submit button.
Please have your students at the bus stop 5 minutes prior to stop time. A student ID is required for middle school students to ride the bus.
We are so excited to be able to partner with DCSD in order to provide bus service to our families. Reserve your spot today!
- The goal of offering the bus route is to provide convenience and an alternate carpooling option to our families. Another goal would be to reduce potential congestion at the school during carpool time.
- Our program (Aspen View Academy) is the first charter school in Castle Rock to partner with DCSD in this capacity.
- We will have a dedicated routes just for AVA students, so we will not have other non-AVA students on the bus.
- The cost is a $1 each way per student plus a $25 set-up fee paid to DCSD.
- Applications and fees must be sent directly to DCSD.
- Zpass instructional information can be found here.
- Fee Information and Zpass Applications and can be found here or on the DCSD Parent Portal, simply print, fill out and mail in the application and fees to:
Printable Bus Animals
Use this PDF to create tags for backpacks for bus riders.
Print the file in color, fold in half, and then laminate for a double sided tag. These could be hung on backpacks as an extra measure of ensuring the children get on the right bus, especially during the early part of the year when everyone is still getting to know each other, and where everyone goes.
Phone: (720) 733-3436
Fax: (303) 660-5959
Attendance : (303) 660-5940
Volunteer : (303) 660-5941
Before/After : (303) 660-5942
Lunch : (303) 660-5943